Our Story, Values and Mission
Dizen and Human Side Academy were established because we simply asked “why!?”
Our mission is to bring human sciences and design into organizations and make the world a better place to live, especially in the industry 4.0 era so people can reach their full potential, and businesses can benefit from the extraordinary power of humanization.
Our Story and Values
“The nature of my work repeatedly drew attention to the nature of human beings in the workplace. It drew attention to our humanity. But generally, a few decision-makers seemed to care about these important heart-based topics. I realized I had grown tired of fancy business slogans, organizational reports, and articles about humane organizations, all of which remained little more than words on paper. I was tired of quick strategic fixes and superficial plans that eventually failed.
I realized that the times when I had felt authentic and happy in my workplaces had been times of co-creating solutions for important business problems with employees, customers, and stakeholders. They had been times when I had been able to speak up and share my perspective and my beliefs. Or when I had listened carefully to what people really needed and wanted. They had also been times when I had learned from my mistakes and dogmas and changed the way I worked. I remembered the moment I had designed a service that generated 90% uptake among customers. I had also curated a strategic workshop for thousands of employees, which many people acknowledged had been the most creative and effective workshop of their lives. I had changed a system that helped the business increase its ROI by focusing on human experience and satisfaction. On another occasion, after years of struggle, I had helped a leader resolve a complex issue in their business. And there had been that time I had been able to inject meaningfulness into the heart of a corporation by leveraging human sciences, gamification, design, and mindfulness.
In short, the best moments of my work life had been times of discovery, co-creation, collaboration, iteration, learning, and course correction.
We all need to be discovered. This belief helped me discover my calling: to help people be their whole and best selves at work as they manage change, and to help businesses grow, and save millions of dollars by enhancing human experiences.”
-Dr. BehNaz Gholami
BehNaz’s (beh-naaz) Journey
Social Scientist, Experience Designer, Change Strategist
A Researcher, A Storyteller, A Catalyst
- Design Thinking for Organizational Transformations in Transforming the Human In Human Resources® – The Complete Manager Makeover Management Training Summit
- Translating Design for Change Management in Exploring the Future of Organizational Change by Change Management Network
- The Challenges of Change in the Corporate World. Xceptional TV
- Creating Adoptable and Sustainable Change for Your Organization. A Design Thinking Approach. Spiral Dynamics®, Lead Through Crisis and Fatigue Leading Reentry Summit
- Empathizing with Stakeholders who are going through change. “Change on the Run” Podcast
- Design Thinking Panelist, Design the Future 2020 Virtual Conference
- Agile Information Systems Development Teams: Is Empowerment Taken for Granted? International Research Workshop on IT Project Management, Milan, Italy
- Leading Agile Self-Organizing Teams: A Collective Learning Perspective. International Conference on Organizational Learning, Knowledge and Capabilities. Washington DC, USA
- Team Learning in Information Systems Development. European Conference on Information Systems. Barcelona, Spain
- Many Corporate Internal Talks
- And many more…
- Gholami, B. Social Capital and Adaptive Outcomes in Agile Information Systems Development Teams. (PhD Dissertation).
- Gholami, B. Self-organization and Leadership in Agile Teams: A Complexity Leadership Approach, (PhD Dissertation).
- Gholami, B. Shared Leadership in Agile Information Systems Development Teams: Unraveling Uncertainties, (PhD Dissertation).
- Gholami, B. Agile Information Systems Development Teams: Is Empowerment Taken for Granted? International Research Workshop on IT Project Management 2013. Paper 3.
- Gholami, B., and Heinzl A. Leading Agile Self-Organizing Teams: A Collective Learning Perspective. International Conference on Organizational Learning, Knowledge and Capabilities (OLKC 2013),
- Spohrer, K.; Gholami, B.; and Heinzl, A.Team Learning in Information Systems Development – A Literature Review. European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2012). Paper 223.
- Gholami, B., Murugesan, S. Global IT Project Management Using Web 2.0, International Journal of Information Technology Project Management. 2(3), pp. 30-52.
- Gholami B. Safavi, R. Harnessing Collective Intelligence: Wiki and Social Network from End-user Perspective, IEEE International Conference on e-Education, e-Business, e-Management and e-Learning (IC4E 2010),
- Gholami B. Kaviani F., Zabihi E. Web 2.0, a Boost in IT Infrastructure Flexibility and Team Collaboration, IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering (ICCEE 2009).
- Gholami B., Zabihi E. Subramanian T. A Review on Flexibility in Business Process and the Role of IT, Regional Development International Conference & Exhibition (REDICE 2008).
Connect with BehNaz on social media
Change Management and Design Thinking
I have a passion for clothing that can be worn for years and years to come and that can inspire all generations. I am a specialist in technical clothing, so I tailor clothes to fit the style of the modern woman and I am a happy camper with a great sense of humour. I love wearing denim and leather, so I also love working in sportswear and I’m very interested in sports wear.
The Challenges of Change in the Corporate World
I have a passion for clothing that can be worn for years and years to come and that can inspire all generations. I am a specialist in technical clothing.
I have a passion for clothing that can be worn for years and years to come and that can inspire all generations.
Empathizing with Stakeholders who are going through change
follow us on social media